Best Business Schools -2017
- Average GMAT score for TOP 10 schools is around 715.
- Around 66% of test takers score between 400 and 600.
- Average GMAT score for schools ranked from 10-20 is around 695.
- Cost of doing MBA depends on tuition fees + living costs and Financial aid (which is really important as 75%+ graduates from Duke,Stanford, Harvard get scholarships).
- Total cost of MBA (for top 20 schools) is ~$150k (it includes tuition, living expenses) and excludes any financial aid.
- Most of the students from above schools make well above $130k (including base, bonus, sign-on etc) in their first year. Some make half a million in their first year!.
There are lot of resources on internet regarding ranking of Business schools and they change every year but they are close. It really depends on criteria for ranking (and what kind of MBA program & criteria is important for you). If you want to have a good job it won't really matter much whether you go to Harvard or Wharton or Stanford (region and MBA major plays important role... Most of Columbia graduates end up in Wall Street.. but most graduates from Stanford work in silicon valley!). Financial aid and scholarship is another criteria to be considered. We have seen in many cases students prefer lower ranked school with scholarship over ranked school (tricky call!)