Stephen M. Ross School of Business is among the very few top class MBA School in the world. A part of University of Michigan, this business school is located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, US The college is believed to be
exceptional in their hands on approach and this is a bit different from other courses of similar category.
There are three rounds of applications for admission to the MBA course as declared by the University:
- First Round due date for submission: Oct. 10, 2012, First round decisions mailed by Jan. 3, 2013
- Second Round due date for submission : Jan. 03, 2013, Second round decision mailed by March 15, 2013
- Third Round due date for submission : March 04, 2013, Third round decision mailed by May 15, 2013
However, foreign candidates should consider only first and second round of admission for visa necessities.
Admission criteria and requirements
The admission to the course at this institute requires lot many certificates and recommendations-
- Current resume
- GMAT or GRE score valid for five years, English language proficiency test through TOEFL valid for two years
- Certificate to authenticate completion of degree course equivalent to US four year bachelor's course
- Two letters recommending the candidate submitted online
- Essay to describe the intellectual orientation of the candidate
- Non-refundable application fee of U.S $200
Fees and Scholarships
The tentative total cost of tuition for a resident student is ~$50,200 and for a non resident student is ~$55,200. The payment date is on the first day of the term and for winter term it is Jan. 9, 2013.
Through their application for admission the students are entitled for scholarships of the university. For full time MBA students there are also separate scholarships from different organizations depending on the student
profile and availability of scholarship. These scholarships can range from $50,00 to full tuition.
Latest Class Profile
Class Size: 501
International Students: 31%
Work experience: Range < 1-15 years with average of 5 years
Average age: 28 years
GMAT Score (range): 650 - 750
GMAT Score (average): 703
GPA: Average: 3.4
The hand on approach has given Ross school MBAs some advantage in entrepreneurial activities and some of them have gone on to make big there. Apart from this, there is a strong international alumnus and even today
a candidate gets on passing out an average salary of ~$104,000 annually.