Top MBA Schools
List of Business Schools in USA
- Harvard Business
- University of Pennsylvania (Wharton)
- Northwestern (Kellogg)
- MIT (Sloan)
- University of Chicago
- University of Michigan
- UNC Chapel-Hill (Kenan-Flagler)
- University of California-Berkeley (Haas)
- Dartmouth (Tuck)
- Virginia (Darden)
- UCLA (Anderson)
- New York University (Stern)
- Yale University (CT)
- Carnegie Mellon
- Duke (Fuqua)
- Vanderbilt (Owen)
- Indiana University, Bloomington (Kelley)
- University of Southern California
- Purdue (Krannert)
- Georgetown (McDonough)
- Rochester (Simon)
- Washington University in St. Louis
- Michigan State University (Broad)
- Ohio State University (Fisher)
- Brigham Young University
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
- Rice University (Jones) (TX)
- Arizona State University Main Campus
MBA Admissions (MBA Program profiles)
Wharton School class profile 2016
Applications : 6,111
Enrolled Class : 859
Work Experience : 0-16
Mean GMAT : 728
GMAT Range 620-780
Purdue (Krannert) - 2014
Work experience: 4 years
GMAT (mean): 615
Carnegie Mellon (Tepper) - 2015
International students : 32%
MBA Class Profile
Class of 2013*
Average GMAT score : 719
80% Range of GMAT scores : 730-790
Average GRE Quant score : 760
80% Range of GRE Quant scores : 720-800
Average GRE Verbal score : 660
80% Range of GRE Verbal scores : 570-710
2011 avg. salary: Annual Base Salary (91% reported): $106,157(mean), $100,000(median), $50,000(low), $215,000 (high)
- Average GMAT score for TOP 10 schools is around 715.
- Average GMAT score for schools ranked from 10-20 is around 695.
- Cost of doing MBA depends on tuition fees + living costs and Financial aid (which is really important as 75%+ graduates from Duke,Stanford, Harvard get scholarships).
- Total cost of MBA (for top 20 schools) is ~$150k (it includes tuition, living expenses) and excludes any financial aid.
Harvard Business School)
##Must have four-year undergraduate degree from an accredited
U.S. college or its equivalent.
## Submit application portfolio, personal essays, transcripts,three letters of recommendation. All applications are submitted online.
## Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores.
## Non native English speakers must submit TOEFL, unless they received their bachelor's
degree from an English medium university.
## Approximately 70 percent students receive financial aid.
## The average TOEFL score for admitted applicants is 281.
## Each year, the application process is conducted in three rounds.
Stanford students are accepted based on a comprehensive review of their
qualifications instead of minimum performance standards. Stanford University
We do not have minimum GPA requirements
We do not have minimum GMAT scores
We do not require a minimum level of work experience
We do not have preferred fields of study or work
Columbia Business School
Applications received : 6666
Applicants accepted : 1023
Acceptance rate : 15%
Average age : 28
Age range : 22-37
Minority of US Origin : 33%
International Citizens : 40%
Women : 35%
GMAT scores (mid 80% range) : 680-760
Work Experience (mid 80% range) : 3-7 years
At least one year of work experience : 99%
There are lot of resources on internet regarding ranking of Business schools and they change every year but they are close. It really depends on criteria for ranking (and what kind of MBA program & criteria is important for you). If you want to have a good job it won't really matter much whether you go to Harvard or Wharton or Stanford (region and MBA major plays important role... Most of Columbia graduates end up in Wall Street.. but most graduates from Stanford work in silicon valley!). Financial aid and scholarship is another criteria to be considered. We have seen in many cases students prefer lower ranked school with scholarship over ranked school (tricky call!).